For the past few days most of the United States has been experiencing historical low temperatures, and according to weather experts, the East Coast is bracing for more inclement weather or what experts refer to as a winter ‘bomb cyclone’, a term used for a winter hurricane. As you try to stay warm, here is a winter weather information page from Ready.gov that explains what actions to take when you receive a winter weather storm alert from the National Weather Service for your local area and what to do before, during, and after a snowstorm or extreme cold. https://www.ready.gov/winter-weather.
We also wanted to share with you some tips on how to take advantage of the business continuity features of your Greenlink cloud phone system.
1. Pre- Auto-Attendant Greeting: You might need to let callers know about office closures or delayed openings. Changing your entire auto-attendant recording options can take time and might require some planning. Instead, you can opt for a short message to play before your regular auto-attendant. This type of recording can be quickly added or removed at your request.
2. Customer Portal: Make sure all phone users have access to the customer portal where they can manage extension settings from any device with a browser and an internet connection (no download required). From this user-friendly portal, users can enable voicemail to email, forward calls to another extension or an outside number such as their own cell phone, and enable follow me to ensure calls ring at their office and external phone number at the same time, among other things.
3. Manager Access to Customer Portal: You can designate an individual in your company to perform all customer portal functions on behalf of the team. This includes the ability to manage extension call route changes for everyone.
4. Voicemail to Email: If you are not already taking advantage of this feature, we highly recommend it. Since your phone system is cloud based, it will continue to operate, receive calls and deliver voicemails independent of any office disruptions due to power loss or weather conditions. With Voicemail to Email enabled, calls are routed to your extension and able to reach voicemail. Messages are to you as an email attachment (Make sure you have the ability to retrieve emails remotely).
5. Fax to Email: Just like it sounds, it delivers faxes to either an email address or multiple email addresses so you can continue to receive faxes while away from the office.
Stay warm and safe!
Greenlink Technical Support Team